- This event has passed.
Do Well Be Well with Diabetes
April 19 @ 12:00 pm - May 24 @ 1:15 pm$10.00
Do Well Be Well with Diabetes classes will teach you how to manage diabetes. You can be well with Diabetes!
This series of classes will be held, April 19, 26, May 3, 17 and 24. The classes are for people with type 2 diabetes. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by April 17, 2018 by calling 817-598-6168 or emailing the Parker County Extension Agent Kathy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost is $10.00 per person. Bring a lunch and learn.
The class topics covered will include:
• Getting Started: How Food Affects Your Blood Glucose
• Are You Eating the Right Number of Carbohydrates? Let’s Find Out.
• Beyond the Diet: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Physical Activity
• Beyond Diet and Physical Activity: Improving Your Blood Glucose Control with Medication
• Celebrating Diabetes Control while Avoiding Complications: Having Your Cake (or Snack) and Eating it Too!
More information can be found at the following website: parker.agrilife.org